For everyone’s protection, we request our guests to observe the following:
1. All rooms have their own safety box, therefore, all valuables like jewelries, money, passport and other important documents should be placed inside, any lost items because of your own negligence is not the school’s responsibility.
2. All guests should meet their visitors at the lobby and should not let them in the room. Guests visiting hours are only from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM on weekends and/or school holidays.
3. Unregistered guests or joiners are not allowed to stay/sleep overnight inside the guest rooms. If they have to then they have to register, pay the regular daily rate, and leave an ID and passport. Otherwise, Genius management will not be responsible for the consequences they might bring.
4. Students of different gender (male to female or female to male) cannot stay overnight or sleep over and visit other student’s room no matter what the reason is. When you break this rule, Genius has the right to dismiss you with no refund at all.
6. Quiet hours are every day from 10:00PM to 6:00AM the following day. Please be quiet for other students and tenants in the building. Refrain from disturbing activities like running, shouting, loud music and causing trouble that annoy other guests.
7. Students are prohibited to do unauthorized removal, processing and damage behavior of facilities, doing any acts like assault that may cause trouble or harm to any person or the school.
8. Switch off the shower and faucet after using. A Php 1,000 will be charged for failure to comply.
9. For students staying in a double room, should at least observe cleanliness inside the accommodation as well especially in the toilet or bathroom. Failure to do so will be charged Php 1,000 for such a behavior.
10. Should you spot any safety or security hazard in your room or anywhere in the hotel such as dangling wires, open electric outlet, etc. report it immediately to Genius staff.
11. Lost room appliances, damaged furniture and fixtures shall be reported immediately and will be charged automatically on student’s account. Lost keys will have a Php500 charge.
12. Changing of rooms is not allowed without prior authorization from the Reservation Officer.
13. Guests must turn-over the key to the Front Office clerk upon check-out. For groups, the said clearance shall be endorsed to the group coordinator or guardian.
Sunday thru Thursdays : 11:00 PM
Fridays, Saturdays and the day before a holiday : 4:00 AM
*Student can go beyond the curfew as long as they don’t disturb other students especially those staying in double room and they should come to class the following day, subsequent absences without a valid reason is a ground for dismissal with no refund at all.
Weekdays (Mondays thru Fridays)
Breakfast : 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Lunch : 12:00 NN – 1:00 PM
Dinner: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
Breakfast : 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Lunch : 12:00 NN – 1:00 PM
Dinner: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
18. Gambling is strictly prohibited in rooms/accommodations.
19. Smoking Policy
Rooms/Accommodations, Classrooms, and Restaurants is a “No Smoking” place. There is always an area for smoking including the balcony of each rooms. A student staying in single accommodation is allowed to smoke only after paying additional Php500 for cleaning fee.
1. Room Cleaning is twice a week. Students does not need to be in the room while it is cleaned, again, a safety box is provided in each room for valuables.
2. Change of linens will be done once a week, on Saturdays. Stained linens, blankets, bed pads and towels will be charged accordingly.
3. Changing of rooms is not immediately possible. There must be at least 4 weeks stay in one room before changing otherwise needed. There is no extra cost unless it is a different type of accommodation.
4. There should be any problems regarding the accommodation’s facilities, immediately talk to the housekeeping officer-in-charge.
1. Each student has a laundry bag which is collected twice a week and must check and complete a laundry form.
2. Inventory will be done prior to check-out.
3. Under wears or under garments and the like students’ or tenants’ responsibility to wash and is not part of the laundry services. Housekeeping staff has the right to refuse acceptance of the said service.
I. COURSE LEVEL
On the first day of class at GENIUS, all students will take test and an oral interview to determine their level at which they should begin their studies.
II. CHANGES IN SCHEDULE, CLASS TYPE, CLASS HOURS AND INSTRUCTORS
Class schedules are provided to the students on their first day. Class schedules are determined by GENIUS based on course, level and teacher classroom availability. Students cannot choose to change set class schedules unless necessary and with a valid reason.
Whenever necessary, the Academy reserves the right to alter the timetable and/or transfer students from one class to another, from one time of study to another, and to merge small classes or cancel classes and courses.
GENIUS has the right to change the program, curriculum and the first day of classes at any time due to insufficient registration or whenever necessary.
III. ATTENDANCE/MAKE-UP LESSON
Students should attend all classes and participate in activities unless there is a compelling reason. Attendance is monitored in every class by the teacher.
GENIUS will not provide any make-up lessons missed by students due to tardiness, absence or late arrival.
In cases, where regular teachers are unable to attend scheduled classes, GENIUS reserves the right to assign substitute teachers to take over the classes. If and when necessary, lessons missed due to a teacher’s absence will be rescheduled by GENIUS.
If a student misses a make-up lesson, GENIUS is not required to reschedule it.
1. All academic concerns (i.e. books, lessons/topics, teachers, schedules) should be addressed to the Academics Department through each students manager.
2. Type of requests such as course extension, additional classes, instruction hours, or swapping should be reported to managers and addressed to the Academics Department.
3. Submission of requests must be done from Wednesday to Friday only.
4. Request on class changes must be granted the following week.
5. First come, first served basis only.
6. Downgrading is not permitted.
When students attend more than 80% of classes, they will get certificates from GENIUS. Otherwise, no certificate will be given for less than 80% of attendance.
V. IDENTIFICATION CARDS
Students should wear their identification card at all times within the school campus. If lost, students should submit a letter for a replacement stating the reason for lost.
VI. CLASS RULES
Students should go directly to their assigned classrooms for their classes. Teachers will wait for 15 minutes for them to report after which the teacher may report the student as absent. If you are absent, inform your teacher or the Academics Department.
If the teacher is absent, wait for a substitute teacher or ask the Academics Department.
Don’t make your voice too loud when having classes and don’t invite other students to join your class.
VII. CLASSROOM RULES
1. Food and drinks are not allowed.
2. Clean as you go.
3. No loud laughing and unnecessary talking.
4. No playing of internet games. Use headset if you need to listen to some activities.
5. No streaming as this may cause the slowdown of the internet connection.
6. Downloading of online games and viewing of pornographic materials are strictly prohibited.
7. No vandalism.